Saturday, March 20, 2010

Busted and Broken - Two Wrecks One Year

Dear Icon,

In less than 12 months, I’ve been in two motorcycle wrecks.

First I was hit by a drunk driver. I had turned into a slick corner, when his car’s back end spun into my lane. I slammed into the side of the vehicle and was knocked unconscious. At the time, I was wearing an Icon Airframe Rubatone helmet, Stage 2 Merc jacket, and gloves. Needless to say my bike was totaled – but my gear showed all the signs of doing its job. The helmet had a hard impact on the right side and a serious slide mark up front. 

In the second accident I was heading to work at about 6 a.m. while it was still dark out. As I came around a curve I barely noticed the semi parked up ahead with no lights on. When I started braking, the back end kicked out and I was bucked off my bike. My gear was the Team Merc Stage 3 helmet and jacket. This time the helmet showed a massive impact on the left side (the entire number 9 is gone),  the jacket was only slightly rashed.

I just wanted to thank your company for the quality of its gear. It has saved my life - twice. Icon has earned a loyal supporter for life. Keep up the good work.

-Name Withheld By Request






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Google Tacker */