Monday, February 1, 2010

Lagerfeld

I've never been much of a Karl Lagerfeld 'fan' (get it?) - maybe it's the tall collars or the black denim - but his work never really spoke to me. I'm more of a Jean Paul Gaultier fan - mainly due to his scifi costumes not the man skirt collections. Anyways, I ran across this concept artwork that Karl Lagerfeld did for Ruby helmets and it left me a bit perplexed. I've designed my fair share of women's motorcycle apparel and helmets but I've never drawn anything quite like this. This drawing has caused me to rethink everything I thought I knew about design. There's a fine line between brilliant and ridiculous - I haven't yet decided were this one falls...  -Kurt






I'd like to see his concept drawings for women's belts

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* Google Tacker */